Wednesday 15 October 2008

Hey guys! You're probably so bored with my endless apologies for the hoooooge gaps between posting, but I am genuinely sorry for being such a rubbish blogger! Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my last post. My only excuse is that I've been really busy lately, as I'm working this year as an Artist in Residence at Swansea University, which is great! I have my own studio space to work in, which makes a nice change from my tiny bedroom in my tiny house!! And it's so nice to be in amongst that creative atmosphere again! I've also been working on some gallery pieces and a commission. I finally got around to changing the appearance of my blog aswell! I think it needed a bit of sprucing up! I'll probably change it another 10 times before I'm happy with it! :)

Below is a piece that has been accepted for the ING Discerning Eye exhibition at the mall galleries in London. It opens on November 13th so I'm hoping to get up there and see it! All the entries will also be shown in the online gallery that will run alongside the main exhibition. It's a little bit different from my usual style, I painted it mainly with gouache which I've never really used before. The original, entitled 'When', measures around 15x15ins and it's in a lovely heavy white-washed wood frame. I did try and get a good pic of it framed up but they all came out fuzzy!

* 'When' now belongs to a lovely little girl called Ruby :) *



I also had this piece accepted for a local exhibition called Works On Paper at the Elysium Gallery, Swansea:

It's drawn on crumpled vellum and it's slightly bigger than A3. I've been really enjoying working in pencil lately, you can achieve so many lovely effects. Here's some other pieces I've done recently in pencil:

'Pick Me' - Pencil on cartridge paper , approx A3.


'Where Next?' - Pencil and digital


'The Escape' - Pencil and digital

Hmm, I think that's everything! I'm off now to visit all your lovely blogs! :)

12 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Good to hear that things are going well. I was wondering what had become of you. Everything looks just lovely, including the new blog look.
I love the background and the new banner is so sweet.

xo
Di

NANCY LEFKO said...

Hellooooooo stranger !! So good to see that things are going so well for you !! Lovely to see your new work....

My best to you, friend !!

Jo James said...

Your blog makeover is lovely.
How fun to be doing an Artist in Residence gig!

Sleepandhersisters said...

I was so excited to see you had updated your blog... good to hear you are well and busy.

Love the new works, you are so very clever with a pencil.

Katherine

Candace Trew Camling said...

I loved reading your post and looking at the new art! Nice!

Anonymous said...

these are absolutely beautiful!

Zom said...

You do such beautiful illustrations that I forgive you your erratic blogging. lol

Christina Silverio said...

They're all so gorgeous...Wow! Your work have such a lovely feel to it. Being an artist in residence sounds divine!

Amy Short said...

Oooooh I LOVE your new work!! That painting should be hanging on MY wall. :o) I'm so glad to "see" you again. I was going through withdrawal. :o) Amy

Anonymous said...

Que dibujos mas bonitos!

vintagepaletteart said...

Such adorable art! I always come here when I need a smile! =D Your illustrations in pencil are absolutely yummy!

Hhugs, *Lori

Simon said...

I just love your illustrations. Fancy a swap - see http://papercurious.blogspot.com/2009/02/bank-note-book.html